It was first opened in the 1700s as a coffee shop. It closed down briefly as a result of a fire and re-opened in 1827 as a coaching inn and has been serving the people of Greenwich and its visitors ever since!
The Grade II listed pub comprises three bars, multiple screens for sporting events, beer garden, conservatory, function room and 15 ensuite bedrooms.
It is now recognised by English Heritage as an important historical site in south east London.
More shops and stalls